Poetry Practice

 Untitled 

Food tastes better, the air is sweeter 

and everything looks more alive. 

You remember why you love that lotion. 


The plants are finally watered, toenails finally clipped. 

Warmth returns to your fingers and nose, 

and sunken eyes are brought forward once again. 


Time feels slower, but in a good way. Like it’s on our side. 

Soak it in, every last drop. Before we know it, it’ll be back. 

Claiming everything that is ours, and whisking it swiftly away.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brave


Somehow I’ve convinced everyone that I am brave. 

But this is simply not true. 

I have fooled the lot of you, and not even on purpose,

At first. 


It’s the way I feel inside, you see. 

The softest tap could make my bones 

Crumble on top of one another, 

And I would collapse into myself.


And so I avoid the world’s touch, and words that are so harsh

They could rip the skin right off my body.

Because I don’t want to crumble or have pieces of me

Flying in the wind. 


It all sounds too

Uncomfortable. 

And I’ve never learned how to properly be

Uncomfortable. 

Maybe that’s what being brave is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adulthood - What even is that?

Emma For Everyone

Another day, no dollar